Susan & Jack Holender
Susan and Jack Holender, a former nursery school teacher and a retired corporate Chief Financial Officer, are a philanthropic couple with an ongoing commitment to serve children.
Recently, Susan and Jack walked and made a grant contribution to Einstein Medical Center Montgomery – Walk Through the Park in support of enhanced cancer care services for countless patients. They also walked and interacted with enthusiastic participants in support of Tourette Syndrome.
The Susan and Jack Holender Children’s Fund have also made grant contributions to:
- Autism Speaks Walk – Philadelphia
- Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech in support of Clarke’s Listening Walk at the Zoo
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s 60th Anniversary of “Daisy Days 31-Day Challenge”
- Ella’s Retreat to provide temporary lodging for family members who must travel long distances away from home with children receiving cancer treatment at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech in support of teaching children who are deaf or hard of hearing to listen and talk
- Roxy Reading Therapy Dogs in support of elementary school children with reading challenges
- Wills Eye Institute in support of its Give Kids Sight Day
Susan and Jack Holender also conducted an ongoing campaign to raise financial assistance for the Palliative Care Program of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and made a financial contribution to the Path to the Cure event to benefit children with familial dysautonomia.
With the song “You’ll Never Walk Alone” as their mantra, Susan and Jack Holender are always there for those who need them.
“There are some songs we love because of their terrific melodies or beat, but there are also songs with lyrics that leave a lasting impression on us. Other songs moved us with their beautiful poetry. Some lyrics are “deep” and make us cry. One such song is “You’ll Never Walk Alone” written by Rogers and Hammerstein in 1945. It is our hope and dream that no child shall walk alone.”
— Susan & Jack Holender