Susan & Jack Holender
Founded in 2008, the Susan and Jack Holender Children’s Fund is a philanthropic organization created by Susan and Jack Holender to help meet the health and welfare needs of vulnerable children.
This fund was created in memory of the parents of Susan & Jack Holender, Gloria & Lester Levine and Sara & Harold Holender.
Susan and Jack Holender, a former nursery school teacher and a retired corporate Chief Financial Officer, are a philanthropic couple with an ongoing commitment to serve children.
Since 2008 Susan & Jack have personally participated in and helped promote a variety of campaigns involved in championing children’s causes. The Holenders aspire to help and are guided by the belief that every child should have the right to a happy and productive healthy childhood.
Grant Contributions & Support
The Susan and Jack Holender Children’s Fund has also made grant contributions and interacted with enthusiastic participants in support of:
- Operation Smile providing surgeries for children who are born with cleft lip and cleft palate.
- Kisses for Kyle in supporting families battling childhood cancer.
- Autism Speaks Walk – Philadelphia 2017
- Einstein Medical Center Montgomery – Walk Through the Park to enhanced cancer care services for countless patients.
- Tourette Syndrome
- Autism Speaks Walk – Philadelphia 2016
- Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech in support of Clarke’s Listening Walk at the Zoo 2016 and 2018
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s 60th Anniversary of “Daisy Days 31-Day Challenge”
- Ella’s Retreat to provide temporary lodging for family members who must travel long distances away from home with children receiving cancer treatment at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech in support of teaching children who are deaf or hard of hearing to listen and talk
- Roxy Reading Therapy Dogs in support of elementary school children with reading challenges
- Wills Eye Institute in support of its Give Kids Sight Day
- Path to the Cure event to benefit children with Familial Dysautonomia
- Palliative Care Program of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Susan Holender has supported the fight against breast cancer, walking in the three-day, 60-mile Susan Komen Walk. She also served in the Breast Cancer Action Group, part of the Albert Einstein Healthcare Network Auxiliary.
Jack Holender has played a major volunteer role in the Breast Cancer Walk and served on the Board of Advisors of SarahCare of the Lehigh Valley, adult day care service provider.
With the song, “You’ll never Walk Alone” as their mantra, Susan and Jack Holender are always there for those who need them.
“We worked hard all our lives, and now we’re financially blessed to be able to give something back. We hope to set an example for our children and grandchildren. There’s more to the world than each of us individually, and if you are able to help others, you must do so.”
“There are some songs we love because of their terrific melodies or beat. There are also songs with lyrics that leave a lasting impression on us, move us with their beautiful poetry, and make us cry. One such song is “You’ll Never Walk Alone” written by Rogers and Hammerstein in 1945. It is our hope and dream that no child shall walk alone.”